The arrow hits the target. But how accurate is the archer? How do we know his skills are up to date? Does he know what he is doing? Is he an archer at all?
And what am I on about?
Paramedic Registration developments are entering a hot phase in Australia – consultation exercises will be beginning soon.
Does this affect me?
As a Paramedic in Australia – YES! The title ‘Paramedic’ is not protected, anyone can call themselved a paramedic. Heck, I even saw an ad for a “Paramedic Skin Care Specialist” in the paper last year!
As a resident in Australia – YES! Registration will help standardise and raise the level of care brought to you should you ever require a paramedic.
Anyone else – YES! Join and help the profession forward. You can tell us about your own registration experiences, knowledge, pitfalls etc; we want the best system in place here in the land of Down Under.
And what should I do?
- Contact Paramedics Australasia’s policy advisor Ray Bange at firstname.lastname@example.org to be kept up to date with all things registration
- Visit the PA website www.paramedics.org.au/registration and read the registration documents
- On Twitter, follow #ParamedicReg
- Participate in all future submissions when they are released shortly
- Talk to other paramedics in your workplace and be prepared for the registration debate!
“One small step for a paramedic, one giant leap for the profession”